· The three-day virtual event was kick-started with a series of engaging and enlightening symposiums on Diabetes complications from an Indian perspective and case studies of special situations in Diabetes management.
· The first day of the summit also witnessed the speakers discussing following points:-
1. The manifold benefits of continuous glucose monitoring in Diabetes management
2. New aspects of managing Diabetes complications of the foot.
3. The latest research outcomes of the CAROLINA study and new paradigms in insulin management.
· Over 5300 physicians and researchers have registered to partake in the three-day event and over 100 national International speakers delivering talks on the critical aspects of Diabetes care.
· The Chellaram Foundation awards two cash prizes of 3 lakhs to the best research paper presented at the summit.
The virtual gathering of the 5th International Diabetes Summit (Virtual) 2021 was inaugurated in the virtual presence of dignitaries of national and international acclaim, Mr Lal L Chellaram, the Patron and Chairman of the Chellaram Foundation. The virtual presence of Dr Soumya Swaminathan Chief Scientist at the World Health Organisation.
Further Dr. Lal Chellaram added the vision and inspiration behind starting Chellaram Hospital – Diabetes Care and Multispecialty, the various feats achieved by the organisation through rural education and medical care programmes, patient education magazine Diabetes Health and research and future aspirations of the hospital and ventures for creating a holistic Diabetes care environment.
Dr Unnikrishnan AG , the CEO and Chief Endocrinologist of Chellaram Hospital – Diabetes Care and Multispecialty said that “ the need for a preventive healthcare regime rather than curing disease. Also discussed how the COVID pandemic has brought a positive shift by enabling the physicians to provide remote and digital healthcare practice. He was very happy sharing overwhelming response to this year’s Virtual Conference.
Dr Anil P Pandit, Chief Medical Director at Chellaram Hospital informed the gathering about the need for scientific research to explore new possibilities in Diabetes treatment. To encourage scientific research in India.
Dr V Mohan, a Padma Shri Awardee, Chairman and Chief Diabetologist of Dr Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre and President and Director of Madras Diabetes Research, talked about the rising numbers of Diabetes incidence in India and encouraged the doctors to counsel patients on having a healthy body and parameters rather than treating each condition individually.
About Chellaram Diabetes Institute
Chellaram Diabetes Institute, a part of Chellaram Hospital – Diabetes Care and Multispecialty is a premier organisation located in Pune with expertise in Diabetes care, education and research. Each year, Chellaram Diabetes Institutes organises the International Diabetes Summit for physicians, researchers and Diabetes educators practising in India and worldwide to discuss the latest happenings in the realm of Diabetes and its related health complications. Several nationally and internationally acclaimed Diabetes experts come together to impart knowledge on Diabetes care and research and pave the way for future research and study.
About International Diabetes Summit (Virtual) 2021
This year too, Chellaram Diabetes Institute has organised the 5th International Diabetes Summit (Virtual) 2021 with physicians, medical experts and researchers presenting the latest information in Diabetes patient care and research from across the globe by virtual mode. Renowned faculty from 13 of the world’s premier institutions of Diabetes care practice and research namely Karolinska Institute, Sweden, Mayo Clinic, USA, University of Leicester, UK, University of Monash, Australia, Düsseldorf University, Germany and University of Hong Kong will deliver educational lectures on various topics related to Diabetes for the next three days.