· 3-day International Diabetes Summit in Pune from 12th to 14th March 2021.
· Over 4000 delegates to attend.
· Eminent international speakers from Karolinska Institute-Sweden, Mayo Clinic- USA, Imperial College-London, University of Leicester-UK, University of Newcastle-UK, Dusseldorf University-Germany, University of Virginia-USA, University of Florida-USA, University of Manchester-UK, University of Wisconsin-USA, University of California-Los Angeles and many more and 50 renowned Indian faculty members will grace and speak at the summit
· 50 young researchers will present posters and free papers to win the “Chellaram Foundation Diabetes Research Award. The awards have been divided into 4 types of totals Rs 3 lakhs
· People with Diabetes will participate in a Virtual 3-km marathon organised by Chellaram Diabetes Institute and the Blue Circle Foundation on Sunday 14th March.
Chellaram Diabetes Institute has organized its 5th International Diabetes Summit 2021 to tackle Diabetes and identify practical ways to tackle the growing menace of Diabetes and its complications. Dr Soumya Swaminathan, and Dr V. Mohan will grace the inaugural function as Chief Guest and Guest of Honour respectively.
Dr Soumya Swaminathan was most recently WHO’s Deputy Director-General for Programmes. A paediatrician from India and a globally recognised researcher on tuberculosis and HIV, she brings with her 30 years of experience in clinical care and research and has worked throughout her career to translate research into impactful programmes.
Dr. V. Mohan is an internationally acclaimed Diabetologist and Scientist who has been working for over 40 years in the fields of Diabetes Research, Health Care, Education and Charity.
The summit will cover talks on pandemic diabetology and telehealth, advances in diabetes care, cardiovascular diabetology, glucose monitoring and new markers, intelligence in diabetes management and workshop on diabetic retinopathy.
Mr Lal L. Chellaram, the Patron of the 5th International Diabetes Summit 2021 and the Chairman of Chellaram Diabetes Institute, says “The Chellaram Diabetes Institute has been making important strides in tackling the diabetes epidemic, via clinical care, research, education and awareness initiative”.
Dr Unnikrishnan AG, C.E.O. Chellaram Diabetes Institute, says, “The 5th International Diabetes Summit 2021 offers a necessary academic bridge where eminent Diabetes experts contribute their knowledge about diabetes care strategies thereby effectively helping save lives”.
Dr (Brig.) Anil P Pandit, C.M.D. Chellaram Diabetes Institute, says “Chellaram Diabetes Institute is equipped with hi-tech and state-of-the-art facilities and services under one roof which enables us to be at the forefront in the fight to tackle Diabetes and all of its complications”.
The 5th International Diabetes Summit 2021 aims to provide comprehensive knowledge about Diabetes and its complications to health care practitioners of India and abroad.